A business irrespective of its genre requires a project manager in their crew. No matter what type of industry it is or how qualified the professionals are, project manager, have always been in demand as a qualified professional also needs to plan and provision the work. A person can’t successfully compete and succeed in a project by only investing physically as it requires a basic set of principles coming under the subcategory of project management which is to be strictly followed. These principles include planning, organising, securing, controlling, leading as well as managing resources so as to reach the specific business targets. The role of a project manager is to innovate, determine and execute strategies that act as a kick start to the project.
Roles and responsibilities of a project manager
- He/ She plans, organises, secures, controls, leads and manages a project before the physical labour is invested, which also acts as a kick start to the project.
- The project manager also decides and finalises the required skillsets for the project as well as sets a budget for the work.
- They lead and organise the meetings in order to bring in changes to the project as well as track the project progress.
- They also set the schedule and allot the time frame for the delivery of the project and all other sub-projects.
- This person also decides how the work will be completed, reports on the progress to the stakeholders as well as is answerable for any problems caused by their team.
- The project manager also manages the culture of the team and organisation, being held responsible for delayed delivery of the project.
Switching again and again through multiple projects, tasks as well as schedules but still being held as responsible for any problems caused is an extremely difficult task. The project management certification neither just provides a candidate with experience but also trains him/her to deal with such situations.
Ten major reasons for choosing project management as a top career choice
- Keeping an eye on the development of the project management course, there’s a great demand for the project managers along with each company offering upto an exceptional salary to each of them. Research says that the project managers are going to have 22 million new job offers by the end of the year 2027.
- All sorts of businesses, as well as services, need a project manager for their development and working. A project manager can work in all the types of fields including the IT sector, project-oriented business services, oil, gas and crude oil manufacturing departments, finance, insurance, construction and many more around the globe.
- They receive a very high salary which is also competitive among the other project managers. An entry-level or a basic project manager is offered with a salary of atleast 59,680 USD as said by the Glassdoor agencies.
- Keeping aside the financial benefits and the opportunities, one gets benefited by far-reaching knowledge he or she gains while studying for the project management course. The knowledge gained through this can be put into practical usage throughout the world.
- The opportunities in this field are extremely high and provide the person with great exposure in this field. Once the manager gets his or her hand on the big projects, he or she can expect double the salary of an entry-level project manager or even more than that.
- A project manager holds a say in the projects under their supervision and can be moulded according to them. They can be directly impactful to the company’s morale as well as the bottom line of the financial circle.
- Project management is a program known to be equivalent to that of the CEO training as both of them deal with the same problems and challenges. Both of them work with or for the investors and are answerable in the case when the organisation faces a problem.
- A project manager needs to be updated with the knowledge required in their fields so as to tackle the unwanted and unexpected situations the manager needs to be up to date with the new market situations and the technologies.
- This course is a treat to the project managers who love travelling throughout the world as the work associated with the project management includes various tours in the job.
- The best part about a project manager is that he or she can work on their allotted projects in their own time slots. This job offers working flexibility despite the fact that they need to manage several projects together.
Given above is all that a person needs to know about the project management course and why can it be considered as one of the best career choices in this market of wider prospects.